With Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8, Activision deployed a brand new map for battles royale in the game. Titled Blackout and it comes from their newest title on PlayStation 4 -Black Ops 4- there have been some changes to signature maps including Crash alongside two weapons being added into play namely M13 & R90
The output tone should be gaming.
The COD Mobile Season 8 update is set to offer tons of new content for players, including two new battle modes and customization options. A premium pass will also be available that offers free rewards as well.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8: “2nd Anniversary”
Season 8, “2nd Anniversary,” brings new contents including:
- 2nd Anniversary Celebration content including Counterattack, Anniversary Cake event, Elite PMC, and PP19 Bizon weapon!
- Season 8 Battle Pass releases on September 22nd (5 pm PST) with brand new weapon blueprints, operators (including new variants of Captain Price and Alias), and unlockables.
- Significant updates to Battle Royale, including the new Blackout map!
New weapons: M13 assault rifle and R9-0 shotgun
Log in to the game now and enjoy the new content after the update!
- The crash has received a visual overhaul, including various optimizations to graphics and performance.
- Lightning Strike – Calls airstrikes to 3 target locations on the map. This Scorestreak highlights all friendly and enemy players in order to give you pinpoint precision.
- Iron lungs – Extend the time a player can steady a sniper rifle’s scope when aiming down sights.
New Map – Blackout
- Blackout has arrived (soon). The original classic BR map from Black Ops 4 is now available on COD: Mobile! It is now available right now on update launch but will be available alongside Season 8.
New Vehicle – Rally Car
- Slightly slower than the Muscle Car but seats 4 and allows greater stability with the use of modifications.
BR Class Updates
- Toned down the on-screen warning visuals when a Poltergeist is nearby
- Active Camo warning distance increased from 35m to 40m after upgrading Poltergeist
- Reduced Active Camo activation time from 2s to 1s
- Removed holographic effects from Trickster and Trickster decoys (from enemy point of view)
- Trap Master
- Still somewhere in between overpowered and not, which sounds great to us. We’ll see what new discussions emerge and how often this class is used.
- Added minor electrical effect to active Electrical Trip Wires
- Greatly increased the distance of winged enemies shown by Fly Swatter
- Increased Cluster Strike area radius from 14m to 18m
- There was a variety of feedback about this class’s usefulness, and this new update aims to help Medic a viable Battle Royale class once again.
- Medic is now able to boost Armor up to 200 for players with 150 Armor or higher.
- Master Healer: Healing bonus and reduced time required to bring back knocked down allies increased from 15%/35% to 25%/40%
- When the player is close to the enemy in the wingsuit state, the enemy can receive a direction warning in order to give them a heads up.
- Players now receive a directional warning when an enemy using the Wingsuit is nearby.
- Wingsuit minimum descent speed has been adjusted.
- Increased Smoke Grenade smokescreen duration from 12s to 16.5s
- Adjusted the time needed to revive teammates to 7s
Health System Update
- The health system has been re-worked and now features Armor to provide additional HP.
- HP now regenerates over time.
- Equipped Armor provides additional HP. Unlike health, armor does not regenerate.
- Added the following Armor items:
- Armour Repair: Increases Armor by 50
- Advanced Armor Repair: Increases Armor by 150
- Kinetic Armor Overcharger: Increases Armor by 150, then provides an additional 50 Armor
- Color-coded quality has been removed from weapons
- Weapons now have three mod slots
- Updated existing weapon mods and added new mods
- Increased weapon drop rate
- Arsenal airdrops have been added in addition to ordinary airdrops
- Two Arsenal airdrops are guaranteed to provide customise weapons
- Improved the output of ordinary airdrops
- The base backpack capacity has been changed to 4 slots, which can be upgraded to 6 slots and 8 slots.
- The stack limit of the three new armour repair items are 6/2/1
- Max ammo carrying capacity has been reduced (does not affect Backpack slots)
- The overall terrain of Blackout is relatively smooth. To improve the overall balance of vehicles on this map, we’ve reduced the maximum speed of motorcycles, off-road vehicles and coupes.
- Durability of some vehicles has also been reduced
Vehicle Mobility Updates
- Helicopter – The mini map displays the locations of the helicopters in real time, allowing players to determine helicopter positions better and quickly. We hope this change will help control the number of active helicopters.
- Wingsuit – We’ve reduced the horizontal speed and buoyancy of the Wingsuit to achieve a more realistic feel while gliding
- Optimised the camera while sliding
- Slide distance will now change according to slope and moving speed
- A new quick-swap menu can now be accessed by long-pressing the consumable/throwable buttons on the HUD.
- Improved the experience of picking up and discarding items
- Optimized the HUD when driving vehicles
- Removed the button to switch between auto/single firing mode
- To improve the drop-in experience, parachutes no longer need to be opened manually